AWE and Lock Memory | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

AWE and Lock Memory

I am running SQL server 2000 Enterprise Edition on MS Sever 2003 Enterprise
Edition. I have enabled AWE on the SQL server. I have added the user account that SQL runs under to the Lock Pages in Memory right under the Group policy editor. I have the /3GB and /PAE extensions in my boot.ini file and I get an error
"Cannot use Address Windowing Extensions because lock memory privilege was
not granted." I am on an NT4 domain, is this why the lock memory privilege cannot be
granted?
have no idea,
i would try switching the sql server to a local account with this right
i don’t normally deal with user admin issues
You need to grant ‘lock pages in memory’ privilege for the SQL server service account on the server. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided �AS IS� with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I am running SQL under the domain admin account and that is the one I granted the lock privileges to. Actually, I got so fustrated I put Everyone in the Lock Pages privilege. Joechang, I don’t think I can use your recommendation of running SQL under a local account as it would prevent some network access to the SQL server…no?
this is just a test to verify that the lock pages will work,
otherwise, you have some other problem
possibly the edition was recorded incorrectly
I ran SQL under the local system account and gave that account lock privilege and it still does not enable. I get the same error message in my SQL logs.
how much memory is in your system? lookin your SQL Server MSSQLLog directory for the file ERRORLOG
paste the contents into here, some thing is not right with your system
]]>