SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive
BI Studio hangs when retrieving algorithms
Hello I am following the Data Mining tutorial and I am about to create a DM structure. When it comes to the part of retrieving the list of algorithms available, the enviroment hangs and therefore I cannot continue. What can I do? It is very frustating because I have just reinstalled the OS. My environment is:
– OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 with all the updates (fresh installation)
– SQL Server 2005 and Analysis Server 2005 SP2 Developer Edition (fresh installation, running on my machine -not a network service)
– Running Services: SQL Server, SSAS, SQL Browser (default instances, not-named)
– Visual Studio 2005 Pro SP1
– Available protocols: Share Memory, Named Pipes, TCP/IP
– Machine: Dell Laptop, Centrino Duo 1.66Ghz with 1Gb RAM. Thanks a lot for your help.
Do you have any warning or error displayed when you restart the machine again, check under windows event viewer log for more information. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
I solved the problem turning off my firewall. However, considering that AS and BIDS are running on the same computer, I don’t see why I had to shutdown the firewall.