Can not select multiple SPs to script out | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Can not select multiple SPs to script out

all, You know how in sql 2000 EM you can Shift+Click to select multiple stored procedures when you need to script them out? I can’t seem to do this in 2005 MS tool. Is there another way? Thanks
i just did this for the stored procs in Adventure works
i assume you are aware the EM has been replaced by management studio,
and that you know how to find the databases list
and that stored procedures are under programmability?
Yes, I know that, but when I try to select multiple procs it only sleect ONE at a time. Regardless if I am connected to sql 2000 or sql 2005 servers.
Hi: In SQL 2000 from EM you can select multiple stored proc and using right click All task menu you can create script for selected SP’s.. that was a quick and easy feature.. But its no more avilable with SQL 2005.. here you can select only 1 SP at one go.. OR right click on DB and choose generate script option… during the wizard, select multiple SP’s. you can also filter required SP’s to save in script.. Deepak Kumar –This posting is provided “AS IS” with NO rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.

Forget to add… this also apply while create sctipts for ‘View(s)’ in SQL 2005 Managment Studio Deepak Kumar –This posting is provided “AS IS” with NO rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
another thing missing in 2005 Studio Management is I cannot copy PK, FK when I do Inport/Export. It is much easier in 2000 Enterprise Manager.
In 2005 Managment Studio if you click Store Procedures under programmability you can see all sp in other windows.
In that windows Shift + click works. Also Crtl + click. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>