Changes related to PDF in SSRS 2005 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Changes related to PDF in SSRS 2005

All, I am working on SQL Server 2005 reporting services. In reports I am required to make changes related to exporting report to PDF. Following are those changes: 1) Change PDF export page format to letter from legal 2) Fix page break to ensure that all details related to a specific issue are viewable on the same page In reports exporting is done through the control given by services itself. So can any one please guide me regarding how this changes can be done. Please help me ASAP… Thanks….

So, you’re talking about intercepting the PDF generation, making some formatting changes, and then producing the PDF? I’m not even sure if that’s possible, much less how much work it would be. I’ll be interested to see what others have to say. Is it possible to just create a separate report for the PDF? I suppose it depends on your method of report delivery (custom app, report manager, etc) but we have several reports that we gen to PDF every time they are viewed. That way, we can optimize the report design for PDF.
Just a thought. -Greg
]]>