Clustering datababase copying | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Clustering datababase copying

Hi there please help me in how to move databases with 1.5 TB size from HP5000 EVA storage to NetApp Storage on clustering environment , is it a matter of copyoing or need more technical details. thanks for your support
It is cluster or not you have to follow the same method… I will go with backup restore becuase I don’t know there is any Software available to use snap clone disk between different storage environments… How may filegroups your db has?
You can use third party tools like LiteSpeed for backup restore…You don’t need to buy you can use trial version… Mohammed U.
Backup and restore of a database has no difference between a clustered and non-clustered SQL installation, you can either choose to backup/restore or detach/attach. Books online is good resource to check such information. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>