Comparing stored procedures from two database | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Comparing stored procedures from two database

Hi GURUs! Is there a way that you can find out all the stored procedure been modify in one database in SQL SERVER 2000? so that I know which stored procedure need to update in the other database, know what I mean? Thanks in advance!

Yes, but using some 3rd part software.
Look ours sponsors to find it.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Thanks Luis… Is that the only way?
you can script the SPs and use a text file compare utility such as Beyond Compare to do it semi-manually. But there are other 3rd party products which’ll do a better job of it for you. Microsoft Visio, for example, does a decent job of this kind of thing. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
I believe SQL Compare from Red-gate also does the similar job, as mentioned by Tom if you’ve time and patience do it manual way otherwise spend to get third party tool for ease. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
???? Script the two databases out, dump into SourceSafe in two seperate directories. Then use the command line utility to give you a list where they’re different or just compare them? MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
]]>