Configuration option | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Configuration option

I saw the following n SQL log and event viewer. Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1 Configuration option ‘show advanced options’ changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.. I don’t remember to change any thing in my server. The message says "… to install". What should I install? I am reading the BOL under ‘Setting Configuration Options’ for more information but if you have some comments please don’t hesitate to answer.
CanadaDBA
May be something was changed. Execute Reconfigure in SQL Analyzer and see if error appear again.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
That occurs in the log if you simply right-click the server in EM and click "Properties". Doesn’t mean anything’s changed, but it runs sp_configure to get server config without changing anything and this error gets generated that way. in short, nothing to worry about.
Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
… as its informational message and ensure on the Server —> Properties –> Security is set for Failed Logins for real information. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>