Could not continue scan with nolock Due to data movement | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Could not continue scan with nolock Due to data movement

we are using Idera monitoring tool for servers. everyday morning we are getting this
error :
Error executing Table Growth Collector: Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.
I have checked if they are any jobs or query running at that time. I found none but, transaction log backup jobs are running. I alo checked if any query running with nolock hint.I found none. Can you please help me wih this issue.
Welcome to the forum!
You can find many references to this error message on the internet, but I would check with Idera what they suggest in that situation. In the end it seems to be their software having some sort of issue.
Identify at what time and what process is generating thsi alert, may be a server side trace would help.
This happens due to TRANSACTION ISOLATION level setting. such as SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED

What version of SQL Server are you using?
]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |