create script error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

create script error

I am trying to get the create script fot a function, but it’s giving me the following , how can i get the script by overcoming this error.
error:=================================== Script failed for UserDefinedFunction ‘dbo.test_decrypt_KEY’. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) ——————————
For help, click:http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod…EvtID=Script UserDefinedFunction&LinkId=20476 ——————————
Program Location: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Scripter.ScriptWithList(DependencyCollection depList, SqlSmoObject[] objects)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Scripter.ScriptWithList(Urn[] urns, SqlSmoObject[] objects)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Scripter.Script(Urn[] urns, SqlSmoObject[] objects)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Scripter.Script(Urn[] urns)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ScriptGenerator.ScriptCreate(Server server, Urn[] urns, SqlScriptOptions options)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ScriptMenuHelper.OnScriptToNewWindow(Object sender, EventArgs args) =================================== Property TextHeader is not available for UserDefinedFunction ‘[dbo].[test_decrypt_KEY]’. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights. The text is encrypted. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Is this function encrypted?
If yes I don’t think you can script it in SSMS…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
Also check the permission for the user to script the function, and check whether DBO schema exists on that server. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>