Creating Reports | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Creating Reports

Hi, I’m trying to call "EXEC sp_databases" stored proc within a new report created using BIDS and ran into "Stored Proc doesn’t exists" error. If I run this from a query window, works fine. Tried "Select * from sys.databases" within the Report Designer query window, works fine. Is there any setting to run Stored Proc from within Report Designer?? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Try to qualify with schema name… exec sys.sp_databases MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

I believe its better to use
SELECT name FROM sys.sysdatabases
Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
Tried with schema name, still same error.
Try to login to sql server using query window or QA with the same userid and password and run the procedure and select statement and see what you get… It doesn’t make any sense to me…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

Thanks MohammedU!! I was logged in as one of the BUILTINAdmins within Report Designer and as sa in Query window. Apparently somewhere during testing , I revoked "Sysadmin" priveleges for BUILTINAdmins and this caused the issue. It’s all good now.. Appreciate your help.
Thanks for the feed back…
MohammedU.

]]>