cube migration | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

cube migration

I have one cube on sql server 2000 analysis service. I want to migrate to sql server 2005? Is there anybody familiar how to do this? Thanks,
– Kathy
Did you migrate all database before?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Hi Luis , I too have the same problem. i am unable to get my SQL Server 2000 Cubes in to SQL SERVER 2005 . i able to get the databases of SQL Server 2000 to 2005 but unable to get the cubes . can u help me out by suggesting some points to do the same . Thanks and Regards,
Pavan.
quote:Originally posted by LuisMartin Did you migrate all database before?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

Pavan, what issues are you having with the ‘getting the cubes’? We had a few cubes in 2k and were only able to move one of them using the migration wizard. The others we created new in 2k5.
The problem we had refered to something about a duplicate column name or something like that (we migrated the day the RTM came out so it was long enough ago that I dont remember the specifics). In the end, this turned out to be a good thing. There were so many great advances and changes between 2k and 2k5 versions of AS that we were able to do more, faster and easier by creating our cubes new in 2k5 rather than just upgrading. Anyway, back to the original question – what errors were you getting that were stopping you from ugrading your cubes?
Hi,
i have the same problems.if i migrate the cubes,my data source is even the same like before(sql2000)-but i want to make my sql2005 server to datasource of my cubes too?
how can i realize this? thanks
Check this series of articles on
how to migrate msas 2000 Database to MSAS 2005. http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3564291
]]>