Dabase became very slow after installed personal | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Dabase became very slow after installed personal

Hi, I removed MSDE on my computer and installed SQL server personal edition. After restored my database, it is very very slow now. how can I fix that?
Thanks Linda
Run Update Statistics with Full Scan.
When you backup and restore in other SQL, is neccesary to do that.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Hello, I Updated Statistics. But still very slow. Thanks
Full Scan?.
How about SQL configuration?
How many users?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
BOl refers:
The workload governor in the database engine for SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) and SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition works by counting active operations. When there are more than eight active operations at the same time in the same instance of the database engine, the governor implements a slight wait before each logical read or write to a data file. For the amount of work typical in databases used by single users or small workgroups, the cumulative effect of the waits is not noticeable. In systems that are reading and writing large amounts of data, the cumulative affect of all the waits slows the performance of the database engine. You can view the application event log for SQL Server 3629 messages or use the DBCC CONCURRENCYVIOLATION statement to assess how often the workload governor is activated. If the governor is frequently activated in a well-designed and well-tuned system, and the system is generating a lot of logical reads and writes, you should consider upgrading to SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
only one user. When I run the stored procedure in sql query analyzer, it became very slow.
memory: 1GB
cpu: 2.8Ghz
windows xp professional
service pack2
DBCC CONCURRENCYVIOLATION
Concurrency violations since 2005-08-12 08:10:33.687
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10-100 >100
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Concurrency violations will be written to the SQL Server error log.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator. thanks
]]>