Data does not replicate during replication | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Data does not replicate during replication

Hi,
I am having problem in replicating my data, as I use snapshot replication, my one server(pulisher) is residing in islamabad,pakistan and the other one(subscriber) is in new jersey, United States. the data residing on the publisher server which is in islamabad has the original data which has be replicated on the jew jersey server, but when i start replication some data gets replicated and some data does not replicate but there is no reason i can see which causes this, and the replication does not produces any conflicts, kindly help me out. Regards
musabumair
How good is network between the both ? Do u see time out errors ? cheers
Sat
we are using fiber optic VPN over T1 Link and a total of 2mb/s link for upload/download.
and i don’t see any time out error as the replication goes smoothly and it does not give any error, but misses some data on replication which should be replicated, as it resides on the publisher server. musabumair
Are these data already present before the snapshot replication takes place ? Are these data transfered the next scheduled snapshot replication ? Cheers
Sat

The data that is to be replicated is the current data that was not transfered at the time of snapshot, but the tables were included in the snapshot.
The data should be replicated when ever the replication starts which is scheduled on daily basis.
Majority of data say 70 to 80% of the data is replicated on daily basis as there are thousands of records entered daily on the publisher database. but as i told you there is some data which does not replicates without any visible cause I just wanted to know that what could be the cause of that missing data.
Next snapshot is scheduled next month but data is replicated on daily basis not on monthly basis. musabumair
Welcome to SSP… I believe you are you are using transactional replication…
I don’t see any reason to replication some data and not all…. Try to change the "Log Reader Agent Properties" values and "Distribution Agent Properties" values to see if it resolves the issues…
Check the following article for details…
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/maintain/tranrepl.mspx And also enable the replication agent logging to see… How to enable replication agents for logging to output files in SQL Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312292
MohammedU.
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

OK I Will confirm it. And tell me one more thing that what should be the cause if its the MERGE Replication ? musabumair
In case of merge replication also, it should replicate other wise it should end up with conflict… If it is transactional replication make sure any application/person(s)not deleting the data at the subscriber? MohammedU.
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

OK Thankyou All of you, and it was a very informative conversation and I learnt a lot. Thankyou very much all of you and surely I will contact you again if I stuck in any type of problem regarding SQL-SERVER. Thankyou Again.
Take Cares musabumair
If you find the reason….
Please sahre your reason/solotion with the community…
MohammedU.
Microsoft SQL Server MVP

]]>