Data Mining – is anyone using it? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Data Mining – is anyone using it?

We are just starting to get into the 2k5 mining tools. (and are very eager to keep going). We can create a project, we can run a project, however, as soon as we want to view the results in the mining model viewer (or any other viewer for that matter) we get an error.
For the microsoft tree viewer, we get: TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
—————————— The tree graph cannot be created because of the following error: ‘Query (1, 6) The ‘[System].[Microsoft].[AnalysisServices].[System].[DataMining].[DecisionTrees].[GetTreeScores]’ function does not exist.’. For help, click:http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Prod….SR&EvtID=ErrorCreateGraphFailed&LinkId=20476 ——————————
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Query (1, 6) The ‘[System].[Microsoft].[AnalysisServices].[System].[DataMining].[DecisionTrees].[GetTreeScores]’ function does not exist. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 2005) ——————————
BUTTONS: OK
——————————
I;ve followed the link, I’ve looked for other resoures too, but no luck. We’ve run this on more than one machines with only client tools and on the actual server itself with the same results. Anyone seen this? Have a fix? Thanks,
Chris
In general I would guess such problems or bugs will be fixed in a service pack release, in your case the object seems to be a user defined. So check whether that is still available on database to execute. Or even check on the AS2005 MS newsgroups for any reference. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thanks Satya.
I’ll check the AS2005 newsgroups. This is nothing custom and not an upgrade or anyting. We’ve followed the steps exactly as the help specifies. The missing functions are listed as MS, AS system functions, so nothing user defined either. I’m guessing since this part of the mining product was brand new with 2k5 it has the odd ‘bug’ in it.
And because its new, there are not a ton of other users out there to get help from. You’re the first one to post anything since I put the query up almost 2 months ago. We try to stay on the ‘bleeding’ edge of sql technology here so are often in this boat. I thought I’d toss the question to the group to see. Chris

It does appear to be a "known" issue. It also says fixed in SP1 c.. The decision tree viewer in the DHTML viewer samples was broken by a last minute change in VS 2005 – that has been fixed now. Unfortunately, we are not going to use SP1 as it is. There is this warning about it: SQL Server 2005 SP1: "Warning Will Robinson"
A word to the wise. Test. There have been some (several?) postings on our own email discussions and around the web about SP1 issues with the update just posted by Microsoft. Note that these issues may not impact you – but if they do, please be sure to report them to Microsoft, and drop me a note here. I’d like to hear about successes as well – we’ll make sure people get the information needed (like we’ve been doing on the migration front, which we’ll return to…) Here is some of the information posted to the lists on SSWUG: Peter: "After installing and testing the CTP-SP1 build 2040 on 4 development and test servers for 4 weeks with no errors, we decided to test the official SP1 build 2047. The details: Server A (32bit Win2003 and 32bit SQL2005): Installation runs smoothly, no errors on first sight. But then discovered, that sql is still reporting to be build 2040 (CTP-SP1) and we believe it, because it’s the only test server which is fully functional (Integration Services) at the moment. But installer said SP1 Installation successful… Server B (32bit Win2000 and 32bit SQL2005): Aborted with Client Components installation. Found out that 630MB free on drive C isn’t enough. After clearing 800MB on C, installation runs with no errors. After rebooting can’t connect to Integration Services (HRESULT: 0x8002801D, TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap) Server C (64bit Win2003 and 64bit SQL2005): First installation aborted with a failure on Integration Services, second try after a reboot says everything ok, no errors. But after a second reboot Integration Services service can’t start. (The SQL Server Integration Services service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.) Server D (32bit Win2003 and 32bit SQL2005): Same as Server B, aborted with Client Components installation. But even after the successful second install has now a mixture installation with SP1 (build 2047) and CTP-SP1 (build 2040). After rebooting can’t connect to Integration Services (HRESULT: 0x8002801D, TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap) Well, after this experience we will stay on CTP-SP1 (build 2040) until there’s a usable SP1."
Chris
Appreciate your feedback and most of the information provided by you will help others with similar problem. As you said it is thin you get most of the help when you’re using latest technology (that too Analysis Services). My reply to the thread is not a solution, will be happy if that give you any leads.
I would suggest to log a call with MS Support as well in this case. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>