database maintanence plans | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

database maintanence plans

how can i move the database maintanence plans from one server to another server ?
Thanks
Database maintenance plance are stored as SSIS packages not any more in system tables so you can move underlying packages and change the appropriate database connections in SSIS package.
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
thats mohammed , but where can i find those packages. they are reffing the path to maintanence plans.
So instead of moving maintanence plans, i’am creating exactly the same in the new server? will this work??
It should work… even if you move the SSIS package you have to change the connections… If your MPs are stored in msdb database they will be in
msdb..sysdtspackages90 table… MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com
quote:Originally posted by priyaram thats mohammed , but where can i find those packages. they are reffing the path to maintanence plans.
So instead of moving maintanence plans, i’am creating exactly the same in the new server? will this work??

You can find the packages stored by connecting to Integration Service from Object Explorer… mind u here only you can manage the pacakges…. to change the connection and all… you must open a SSIS project in BIDS and select Add an existing pakage and do the modification you want Madhu
]]>