Database switched to Singleuser mode | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Database switched to Singleuser mode

Hi all, I observed one of my database in single usermode ,When i checked sqlerror logs, i couldnt find any usfull info who did this .But i observed follwin erros there
*backup job failure :No enough space to takebackup , G: drive
*Cannot create object in database because there is no enough space in G: drive. Can anyone tell me ,is that the reason it switched to single usermode automatically?
OR this could be done by some other user? I want to investigate on this ?

I don’t think SQL mark any log/comments anywhere [in sql error log/ server events] when you put your database into single user mode.. Deliberately or by mistake. Further, if there is No space for data/log files growth. I am not sure it can put database in single user mode. I have not faced/ read about this kind of problem.
Deepak Kumar –An eye for an eye and everyone shall be blind
Without documentation righ now, I suppose when a backup fail becasue lack of space, SQL serve switch to single mode.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Like to hear more comments from others also … rajiv
SQL will not set any databsae to a single-user mode by itself, only with the user intervention it is possible. From the errors it is clear that there is no space on G: drive, if you store backups here the ensure to make free space to complete the jobs. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>