dbcc checkdb(msdb) job failing | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

dbcc checkdb(msdb) job failing

regular dbcc checkdb(msdb) job failing with below mssg – Found 42 errors and repaired 0 errors. I dont have a proper backup up what can i do to sort its out. I need exact steps what i should do to sort it out … any link for similar issues also will be ok.

Hi,
first you should post error messages , you have to look into the
msdb.dbo.sysdbmaintplan_history
msdb.dbo.sysjobhistory , and Error Log of your SQL server and EVENT VIEWER of Windows in order to find the solution from.
Regards Hemantgiri S. Goswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemantgiri Goswami

EM job history as follows
Executed as xxxxxxxx sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (error 22029). The step failed.
Hi,
have you check EVENT VIEWER LOG as suggested !? what does it say , i mean the reason for failing of sqlmaint.exe , are you running out of space or your db has user working on while backing up yr db ! Regards
Hemantgiri S. Goswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemantgiri Goswami

You have to run same DBCC with option REPAIR (see BOL for details).
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Run DBCC CheckDB with 1. REPAIR_REBUILD (If still problem persist, then
2. REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS (If still problem persist, then
3. Restore MSDB database from recent backup set if you don’t have any backup set and SQL Logshipping/ Replication/ DTS/ or other SQL jobs are not on sql server then can replace MSDB database.
Deepak Kumar
(MCDBA, MVP 2005 ) –This posting is provided “AS IS” with NO rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>