dbcc perfmon question | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

dbcc perfmon question

Does anyone know what normal or reasonable values for Network Reads, Network Writes,
Network Bytes Read, and Network Bytes Written are? My values to these are…
Network Reads 7390.0
Network Writes 9706.0
Network Bytes Read 8616004.0
Network Bytes Written 1.1592346E+7 Any help would be greatly appreciated…. Andy Andy
What kind of network do you have? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
I’m sorry. Can you explain your question? Andy
There is no "normal" or "reasonable". The question is are you getting network queue lengths or errors at the network layer? Other than that, normal would depend on each individual system and vary drastically. MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
I’m not sure but I don’t think I’m getting errors on the network. Andy
I mean physical type of network.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
I’m not sure, but I know we have a dedicated server and we’re not pier to pier. Sorry, but I’m doing contract work and I don’t have permissions to know everything about our network. I hope this helps. Andy
OK.
What about Performance Monitor about CPU, Memory, Disks, etc.?. Any issue?.
Or what is the problem about performance?
Luis Martin
Bertrand Russell
quote:Originally posted by andyrussell_10 I’m not sure, but I know we have a dedicated server and we’re not pier to pier. Sorry, but I’m doing contract work and I don’t have permissions to know everything about our network. I hope this helps. Andy

Then ask. MeanOldDBA
[email protected] When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
I think this question is a non issue now. I think it’s how we’re accessing the data in our C# program because I have the query returning in less than a second. But, I did ask about our network. It is TCP/IP or a HUB network. We’re a branch office. This is what the network guys told me. With that said, thanks to everyone who tried to help. I really appreciate it. Andy
]]>