DBNETLIB connectionwrite wrapwrite gen ntwk error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

DBNETLIB connectionwrite wrapwrite gen ntwk error

I have a small network in a veterinary office using microsoft SQL service manager version 8.00.760. All was working well unitl my wireless router died and I had to replace it. I did the standard set up as recommended but now I get this error message on several of the terminals after being connected for random periods of time. [DBNETLIB][ConectonWrite (WrapperWrite()).]General network. error. Check your network documentation.
This only happens when using my appointment scheduling module on a client terminal. I am a novice as you can see. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
It is a generic error…
Check your client machine can connect to sql using sql tools or ODBC dsn…
MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

8.00.760 is the service pack 3a , it is better to test and apply latest service pack on SQL Server too where you will have cure to the bug fixes. Check also whether the SQL services are started at this time. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information on it.
]]>