Do I have to reinstall SQL Server 2005? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Do I have to reinstall SQL Server 2005?

I have SQL Server 2005 Trial version installed on my XP desktop.
Now I receive SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition CD (legal one). Do I have to uninstall the trial version from my PC and then reinstall this legal copy?
Are there any easy way to work on this? Thanks for suggestions,
George

Hi,
I guess u need to uninstall the trial version and reinstall the developer edition.
Regards
Deepak
SQL DBA
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/trial-system-requirements.mspx Upgrading and Uninstalling the Trial Software
The 180-day trial version of SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition can be upgraded to the fully licensed version of SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition without uninstalling the trial software prior to the end of the 180-day period. If upgrading to the fully licensed version of SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition, Workgroup Edition, or Developer Edition, it is recommended that you uninstall the 180-day trial version of SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition before installing the fully licensed version of the other editions. Please refer to the product documentation for information about upgrading to the fully licensed software MohammedU.
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.

Thanks for recommendations!
]]>