DTS Package | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

DTS Package

Hi, I have to Export a Table from SQL Server to Excel on a Daily Basis and I want to use DTS Package for that. I was able to create the pacakage but its appending the data , which I don’t want .. I need to overwrite the data and how to Accomplish this??? Any help on this is greatly appreciated Thanks,
Venu
What you need to do is to recreate your package. When you do so, there is an option (easy to miss) that allows you to delete the old data and add the new, not appending the data as it is now. ——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
Under DTS wizard under transformation make sure you ticked drop old data. Satya SKJ

Thanks Guys for all the help!!
quote:Originally posted by avmreddy17 Hi, I have to Export a Table from SQL Server to Excel on a Daily Basis and I want to use DTS Package for that. I was able to create the pacakage but its appending the data , which I don’t want .. I need to overwrite the data and how to Accomplish this??? Any help on this is greatly appreciated Thanks,
Venu

Hello I saw your problem. I have a need to export to an excel spreadsheet on a daily basis as well. What did you do to create the package? Thanks KH
If youre not overly familiar with DTS Designer, you can create simple DTS’s using import/export wizard (see start menu). This gives you the option to save the process as a DTS package.
Its probably worth putting in the time to learn DTS designer though, although its not always very intuitive IMO.
]]>