Enterprise Manager for MAC | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Enterprise Manager for MAC

Hi All, One of my users is using Enterprise Manager for Macintosh (SQL4X)…which unfortunately i don’t have any background yet. The user is trying to update a table but when the query finished (reporting some rows affected) and the user do a select count(*)… it seems that the update did not occur. What seems to be the problem here? My server is running Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000 with updated SPs. Jon M
As far as I know, a tool such as Enterprise Manager for Macintosh is not available for SQL Server. But I think think there may be an Oracle tool with a similar name. If this is the case, then this is why it is no working. Besides, you probably don’t want a user updating SQL Server tables directly, no matter what tool they have. —————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
True, and we no longer have the AppleTalk network library for use with SQL Server 2000. You
would have to use the TCP/IP on the Mac client and get an SQL Server ODBC Driver for the Mac. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Thanks. Jon M
]]>