Error by user over VPN when saving Report | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error by user over VPN when saving Report

This for a user logged in via VPN. I have been able to log in locally as this user and it works fine. She has created a very simple report. Operation Failed
The numeric portion of 0pt cannot be parsed as a unit of type Point.
The type initializer for ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.Design.Constants’
threw an exception. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I VPNed in using this user’s login and still did not get this error, but she tried from home and got the same error. Any ideas on what to try would be greatlyy appreciated.
May be a security policy on VPN server or domain restricting the user? Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided �AS IS� with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I’m hoping this may be a domain issue, the user should test tonight from her home pc, last time she used her work laptop from home.
Because we get similar compliants from our Jr.DBAs when they are trying to solve any issues when working remotely, we found out to be security policy not allowing few components to work properly with a mixture of XP & Win2k3 due to the recent security tightness. Its good to involve your System Adminstrator on network to check on the policies etc. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided �AS IS� with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
The user connected from home using VPN, and still has everything worked fine. It is definitely caused by them being on a different domain, as best as I can tell. We are going to initiate a call with Microsoft, this is a client of the client I am working for, so we have little control over their domain.
If anyone has any ideas still feel free to mention them, I appreciate any help.
A new update. The System Administrator for the client was able to login as either of the user’s that were failing and everything worked from his machine. He then rebuilt both user’s profiles on their machine, and now all is well. I wish I had more info on what the problem was, but I wanted to post our resolution in case someone else runs into this issue.
Thanks.
]]>