Error Converting DT_Date to DT_DBTimeStamp | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error Converting DT_Date to DT_DBTimeStamp

Hi All,
I am creating a package which imports the data from Paradox (.db) tables to SQL server 2005 databse . The source tables which do not have the "Date Of Update" column for them the package works fine. but for all the tables which have "Date Of Update" column, I get the following error. ————————————————————————————–
Error1Validation error. Data Flow Task: Paradox COMPANY[16]: The column "Date of Update" can’t be inserted because the conversion between types DT_DATE and DT_DBTIMESTAMP is not supported.ParadoxToSQL.dtsx00
————————————————————————————— The destnation column has datatype SmallDatetime. Can any one tell me why this is happening, and how can I remove this error. Pls do let me know if you have any comments on this. This is quiet urgent, Best Regards!
Pallavi

Hi to all, I got the way to do this, I followed the following steps between the source and destination I’ve added a data conversion . In the data conversion I have converted the data for the "Date of Update" column from DT_Date to DT_DBDatetime and created a column "Date Of Update 1". While mapping the columns I mapped the source column "Date Of Update 1" with destination "DateOfUpdate" Similarly I was getting the errors for DT_NTEXT, and DT_WSTR, I applied the same procedure there. Please do write your comments regarding this. Warm Regards!
Pallavi
]]>