Error in generating reports | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error in generating reports

Fellow DBA’s I am having a problem in repoerts being generated. I recently chnaged the account under which the Reporting Services runs and I am getting this error when someone tries to generate reports: An error has occurred during report processing.
Cannot create a connection to data source ‘****DataSource’.
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already checked with the Surface Area Config and made sure that remote connections are enabled. Still I am getting the same error. I guess something went wrong during the recreation of Encryption keys. Any suggestions? Thanks
Satya
Check what are the differences between the old account and new account. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
I checked them, it has all similar previlages. Still same error…[V]
In Reporting Services COnfiguration Manager, when I go to Database setup, I get the following errors: 1. Verifying database version: The current connection string is not valid and can’t be used to conect to SQL Server. 2. Assigning reporting services rights to user: The reporting services rights were not applied properly. The user may still not have appropriate access to Reporting Services resources. Any idea where something might have gone wrong? Thanks
Satya
Any changes from the previous user installation to the current one, I can clearly see there is a privileges problem in accessing the report manager. Check on SQL server for services and port numbers for any changes since the last successful event. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
How to check for those services and port numbers? Thanks
Satya
My question would be rather; how to check for those changes by looking at port numbers?
]]>