Error in starting new sqlserver agent | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error in starting new sqlserver agent

i am a newbie to sql 2005. just installed the sql 2005/win2003 and created databases. now i am trying to schedule the job. unfortunately i do not able to start sqlserver agent.
the agent is running on domain admin account. "SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Error creating a new session)" any idea’s . i never faced this problem in sql 2000. thanks
Any messages in even viewer? Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Can’t edit Luis’ post: He means "event viewer". Also check The SQL Server "Event Log". Just a thought: Is the agent enabled? Nathan H. Omukwenyi
MVP [SQL Server]

the above message is from event viewer only
i do not see any entries in sql error log.
Each time the SQL Server Agent Service starts, it creates a new session that is assigned a session number. This session number is an incremental integer and is stored in the syssessions table in msdb. Performing a query (select * from msdb..syssessions) on the syssessions table reveals the results. Also check whether the account password is still valid that is used to start SQLAgent service, make sure there are no recent changes to the security policy on the windows environment. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Satya sqlagent is running under the same account as mssqlservice. no problem with database service.
getting the error (eventviewer) SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Error creating a new session). infact it the new box , new installation etc. no security policy changes. thanks
Have you tried to start from Administrative tools –> Services –> SQLAGent service, for a change try to start using local system account or with a local account. Also check SQLAgent log for more information. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
i tried all way to start up the sqlagent , it is not coming up.
]]>