Error message | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error message

I see the following message in my SQL Server alert logs and Windows NT Application logs: Date4/18/2007 1:45:36 AM
LogWindows NT (Application)
SourceMSSQLSERVER
Category(2)
Event1073758925
ComputerCalifornia The description for Event ID ‘1073758925’ in Source ‘MSSQLSERVER’ cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event: Then my SQL Server goes in a freeze mode and the only way to bring it back to regular mode is to bounce the SQL Server service. I do not know, what is the above error message related to? Anybody seen this message before? Appreciated any input on this. Thanks,
Cali
Could you describe what are you trying to do? Also OS, SQL and SP.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All in Love is Fair
Stevie Wonder
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
The solution was a permission problem. The program (SQL Startup) didn’t have permission for SQL service account to write to it’s log file. SQL Server Agent doesn’t attach to the NT console so there was nowhere for the popup to go, hence the events. So the real solution is proper even handling in .Net programs. Satya SKJ
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Writer, Contributing Editor & Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided AS IS with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
]]>