Error saving view to linked server | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Error saving view to linked server

I am trying to create a view to a table on a linked server. The query runs fine in the view designer window, but I get the following error when I try to save the view: The operation could not be performed because the OLEDB provider ‘SQLOLEDB’ was unable to begin a distributed transaction. New Transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. This is a very simple query: SELECT MarketID, CUSIP, SEDOL, ISIN
FROM TEST2.TP.dbo.tpnMarkets m I am using SQL Server 2000 sp3 on NT 5. (moved from DTS forum)
Check whether MSDTC is started on the both the servers or not. Ensure both the servers have similar version of service packs. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I have found that I can create the view using CREATE VIEW through SQL Query Analyzer. It just seems to have a problem with saving the view from the view designer.
If you can, use Analyzer instead EM (because GUI). Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
HI I am getting a the same problem. I have restarted MSDTC on both the servers and the service packs are the same – the only difference is one of the servers is SQL server personnal edition? Would this make a difference? Any ideas what else could be the probelms?
CE
Hi sorry, i have just been able to create the view in query analysis instead. CE
]]>