ERROR while Backing up the Databases | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

ERROR while Backing up the Databases

Hi, Does any one know what this error means from the SQL Server Error Logs ERROR Internal I/O request 0x08760CF0: Op: Write, pBuffer: 0x08980000, Size: 983040, Position: 21632512, UMS: Internal: 0x0, InternalHigh: 0xF0000, Offset: 0x14A1600, OffsetHigh: 0x0, m_buf: 0x08980000, m_len: 983040, m_actualBytes: 0, m_errcode: 112, BackupFile: \NYC-03-SRVDbbackupCarlinsqlAccounts20021129 I am getting this error when I try to back up the databases on to the Server NYC-03-SRV which we can see in the above error and I back up the databases on the dbbackup shared folder of the server and it has enough space available. Is it something to do with the HARDDISK??? If I back up the databasses on to some other server ..
It works perfectly fine and I have no problems…. Any Ideas… Thanks,
Venu
I have not had this problem, but if I did have it, here are the steps I would recommend trying, in this order. 1) Ensure that all servers involved have the latest SQL Server and Windows 2000 service, pack. The best I can remember, there was fix on a problem that generated a similar error in one of the service packs, although this may or may not apply to you. I would also ensure that your SCSI devices and server ROM be at the latest versions, if they are not already. 2) Check to see that the account used for the shared folder on the server being backed up to is a domain account and has the proper permissions. I recommend, if you are not doing so already, is add the SQL Server service account as a local admin to the server you are copying to. 3) Check to see if the server being copied to has a virus checker program, and if so, turn it off and see what happens. 4) And only after you have tried all of the above three suggestions would I then suggest you contact your vendor. And if that doesn’t work, then I would contact Microsoft.
——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
I have seen something similar to this before. You may want to check what brad mentioned above in regards to security. You would also want to check and see if there is already a file with the name accounts20021129 and either rename it or delete it. Sometimes when pushing your backup files across a network they become "corrupted" in transfer. I had something like this occur when i was using backup devices running differential backups. They were also very large databases. It may also be related to the hard drive. I would also recommend running a checkdisk and if possible a defrag on the drives. Hope this helps.
Greg
]]>