execution plan, why 0%? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

execution plan, why 0%?

I was examining the execution plans for some of my stored procs.
After Display Estimate Execution Plan, I got: query cost (relative to the batch): 0%
query text: exec <sp_name> arg1, arg2, arg3 execute cost 0% <- seton cost 0% …
<- select cost 0% …
<- cond cost 0% … why they were all 0%, does that mean, this tool doesn’t work
with stored procedures but native queries only?
There is a bug in the graphical display to do with regional settings. What regional settings are you using and what about the server you are connected to ?

A bug?.
If the plan use the right index and so on, then cost is 0.
Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
I agree that some of the actions could cost 0%,
but should not be all of them – that was my original
question: why all of them cost 0%?
quote:Originally posted by LuisMartin A bug?.
If the plan use the right index and so on, then cost is 0.
Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell

Relative to bach = 0% means all partial cost = 0.
If one of the partial cost is different than 0, supose 15%, then Relative to bach = 100%. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
Relative to bach = 0% means all partial cost = 0.
If one of the partial cost is different than 0, supose 15%, then Relative to bach = 100%. Delete this please.
Bertrand Russell
]]>