Full-text index query problem | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Full-text index query problem

I have a problem with a SELECT.. CONTAINS query against a table. One of my developers is designing an application with extensive use of large character and text fields and wants to use Full-Text indexes to query these fields. I have built and populated the FT indexes, but the queries do not work! They return 0 rows where they should return rows because valid data exists. The strange thing is, I copied this table to a server with a different collation, and the FT queries work. They don’t work on Latin1_General_BIN but they do work on Latin1_General_CI_AS. Has anyone got any ideas on this? I hope so… otherwise, it’s over to Microsoft for assistance.. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
update.. I created a copy of the table on the server which has a collation of Latin1_General_BIN but I specified the collation Latin1_General_CI_AS for this particular copy of the table, and the queries still don’t work. So I don’t think it’s a collation issue, must be a server-wide thing. Still looking for ideas if anyone has any… Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
I’m not ignoring you, but I don’t have any idea on how to help out in this issue. ——————
Brad M. McGehee
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
Try www.sqlteam.com. They have good resources on the matter. I too unfortunately have little, actually none at all, experience with the full-text service. Good luck.
"How do you expect to beat me when I am forever?"
Brad, thanks – I don’t expect you to know everything! royv, thanks for your suggestion, I’ll pursue it. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
]]>