I have this huge issue with full text indexing. It shows that it ‘s greyed
out. When I want to install it, it shows that it’s already been installed as
a component. So what I did based on couple of suggestions I’ve read on
multiple sites is, I deleted the registry key for full text indexing so
that when I want to install it again, it will show the check box as
unchecked. So I did that, and installed it again , and it said that it
installed it successfully but same problem, it ‘s still showing as greyed
out, I don’t want to install SQL again, this is a production server and it
will cause me a lot of problems. Anybody, any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Fulya

What problems are you getting with Full Text indexing that you need to reinstall?

Is the full text search service started ?
(This would explain one reason for this being unavailable to you… Start -> All Programs -> Admin Tools -> Services
Check for the Microsoft Search Service to see if it is started… If it does not start, what is the error message ? (if you get an error message, check that you are at the latest Service Pack on both OS and SQL Server version)) Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
The problem is , it’s showing that it’s greyed out. Although the service is started and it shows that it’s installed it, inactive and I can’t use it. Any ideas?
Fulya
quote:Originally posted by Lazy_DBA What problems are you getting with Full Text indexing that you need to reinstall?

The service is started and actually when I want to restart it, it doesn’t give me any errors, it starts just fine. Any ideas? Fulya
quote:Originally posted by satya Is the full text search service started ?
(This would explain one reason for this being unavailable to you… Start -> All Programs -> Admin Tools -> Services
Check for the Microsoft Search Service to see if it is started… If it does not start, what is the error message ? (if you get an error message, check that you are at the latest Service Pack on both OS and SQL Server version)) Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.

What exact procedures did you do to remove the key? What version are you running SQL Server and Service Pak?
I’m running SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition with SP3.Following is what I did. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft SQL ServerSQL2KTracking
{E07FDDA7-5A21-11d2-9DAD-00C04F79D434} <— Removed ONLY this value! Then I run setup and select custom install I re-installed the FTS components. Then I re-applied SP3 to get the fixes for FTS. Thank you ,
Fulya
quote:Originally posted by Lazy_DBA What exact procedures did you do to remove the key? What version are you running SQL Server and Service Pak?

]]>