getting 17055 error | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

getting 17055 error

Hi!
for past 2 days I ma getting the following error in event log.
BackupDiskFile::CreateMedia: Backup device ‘C:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLBACKUPFamous_120520051300.TRN’ failed to create. Operating system error = 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).
Is this error a serious issue.what is the issue and how can I fix this

I suppose you check path is there, did you?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Operating system error =3 also defines to be privileges of the SQLAgent account on the specified path in addition to what Luis mentioned above. Try to perform manual backup of database or log to check there are no issues with the path or location. Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
I understand that this error has to do with a bad path. But, if I’m backing up to a different location, why would the server be looking at this path and for that file, which does not exist?
Event Type:Error
Event Source:MSSQLSERVER
Event Category:(2)
Event ID:17055
Date:12/20/2005
Time:2:46:02 PM
Description:
18272 :
I/O error on backup or restore restart-checkpoint file ‘C:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLackupTVDB.ckp’. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). The statement is proceeding but is non-restartable.
…Thanks…
Because last time the file was there.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Operating system error =3 also defines to be privileges of the SQLAgent account on the specified path. Try to perform manual backup of database or log to check there are no issues with the path or location.

So check privileges of SQL Server service accounts. Satya SKJ
Contributing Editor & Forums Moderator
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>