Hardware/Software, No Clue ?? | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Hardware/Software, No Clue ??

Once a week our server keeps hanging where no one is able to log on then we have to power it down & back up in order to get in: The stats on the database server is: PhysicalMemory 3584MB Database-A sizes is 38943744
Database-B sizes is 3330176
max server memory (MB) 4 2147483647 2147483647 2147483647
min server memory (MB) 0 2147483647 0 0 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 – 8.00.760 (Intel X86)
Dec 17 2002 14:22:05
Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: ) The error message in the event viewer isn’t helpful & not much on google "The driver for device DeviceHarddisk1DR1 delayed non-paging Io requests for 0 ms to recover from a low memory condition." also there is no jobs running prior to this, I would really like some ideals if possible.

Are there any other applications running on this SQL Server. Is it a member server?
Has this problem always existed, or has it recently started? If it recently just started, did anything recently change on the server?
Have you verified that all of the hardware drivers are current?
What is your buffer hit cache ratio?
What is your available bytes on the server?
Does the problem always occur at the exact same time? If not, how much does it vary?
—————————–
Brad M. McGehee, MVP
Webmaster
SQL-Server-Performance.Com
Also, check disk space available where tempdb and log are stored.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
For me it relates to the hard disk and other hardware related issue than SQL server related.
Check with vendor and run all diagnostic checks for further asssessment. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
In my experience I have seen such error messages with memory issue to begin with….It will be worth looking at average page life expectancy counter to see how we are doing on memory?
]]>