Help New to This | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Help New to This

In work we have recently taken delivery of some new Dell Servers. The servers are configured with 3 SCSI Drives connected to one PERC controller. I want to configure the arrays and RAID settings for optimum speed in SQL Server 2000. I don’t need to worry about backup and there is only one user of the SQL Server at any given time. My question is how should I configure the Drives i.e. how many arrays. I am going to use RAID level 0 as backups are not an issue. Once the drives are configured what is the best way to segregate the database? I.e. sh[V]ould temp db and its log go on one physical drive and the data on a physical drive and then the logs one the other physical drive? Your hlep is much appreciated. Kind regards
Andrew
Kindly, don’t duplicate posts. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.
Leonardo Da Vinci Nunca esperes el reconocimiento de tus hijos, eso ocurrirá luego de tu muerte
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>