HELP : Restore of Server7 db from Netbackup | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

HELP : Restore of Server7 db from Netbackup

I posted this problem last week and still couldn’t get this to work.
I have a backed up copy of a production db that i want to test. The production server is using server 7 white i have 2000 at my desktop. How can i get this to work ? I am beginning to ‘lose’ it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to complete this test today.
Thanks
Chris Kentebe BSEE,OCP
Senior IT Analyst

What is the problem?. You can’t restore a backup?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
The backup file (.bak) is in another drive (L) and
i have Server 2000 on my desktop. I want to test the backup.
Chris Kentebe BSEE,OCP
Senior IT Analyst

You can copy from L to your desktop and then restore it.
If you restore using EM, take care with drive destination, because SQL try to restore in same place (drivers) where original database is stored. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
I wanted to copy to C but the file is about 700m. If i do this copy, would i have to change the location somewhere ?
Chris Kentebe BSEE,OCP
Senior IT Analyst

Afterk copy (if you have space to hold database and backup) only use EM, restore database, from devices. After select backup device, go to options tab and set any directory into you desktoop to complete restore. Luis Martin
You can use RESTORE DATABASE … WITH REPLACE in order to rstore the backup by replacing all the files for that database.
Refer to the books online for more information on RESTORE topic. (In future kindly post the thread in relevant forum, moved from Analysis forum) Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>