Help with DTS and JOBS | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Help with DTS and JOBS

I have just detached and reattached a db from one SQL Server to another. Is there anyway to get all of my DTS’s and JOBS from my current server to the new server?
Using EM in old server, managment, jobs, mouse over job, rick click, all task, Generate SQL script. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
Thanks, but what about the DTS’s?
I’ve done copying DTS before from one server to another. I just can’t remember how I’ve done it. I think you must have access rights or link to the new server to be able to copy your DTS. Try this:
1. Open your old DTS package (Design Package)
2. Then click Package->Save As…
3. Enter the new server name, username, and password Let me know if this answers your question. Jon M
Yes, that seemed to work fine. It will just be time consuming opening every single DTS and changing the connection to the new server, but at least it won’t be as time consuming as redoing all of the DTS’s. Thanks for the assistance. Tod
Try this link too: http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?t=6&s=105&i=204&p=1&a=0 Jon M
]]>