Hierarchy dependances on table,sp,trigger | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Hierarchy dependances on table,sp,trigger

i have seen old dependances related forum, but i have different question. i have one database which contains around 500 table, 450 SP and 450 triggers,
now here i want to get hierarcal display for one table related dependants. in my case Suppose one table AAA, on insert trigger fired trg_AAA_i and from that it is calling one SP_AAA and from that SP it updated another table BBB and on update trigger trg_BBB_u and from that another SP_BBB . so iwant to get all this details, so can any one suggest me how can i achieve this. any script for this? my mail id is [email protected] thanks and regards
Neel Thanks & Regards
Neel
"God does not work for you, He works with you."
Hi,
fire sp_depneds ‘tablename’ it will tell you dependancies. or yopu can have it from EM->yourdatabase->diagram (this is database diagram) Regards Hemantgiri S. Goswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemantgiri Goswami

Thats Sp_Depends ‘tableName’ Also run this Select routine_Definition from Information_Schema.routines
where routine_Definition like ‘%tableName%’ Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Hmmm ,
well thats spell error its correct ,sp_depends ‘tablename’ Regards Hemantgiri S. Goswami
[email protected]
"Humans don’t have Caliber to PASS TIME , Time it self Pass or Fail Humans" – by Hemantgiri Goswami

http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/brettk/archive/2005/04/28/4830.aspx for your joy. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
thanks for quick response but that will not display me dependent triggers.
as i maintioned before i want to know
which sp is callled from trigger. so i want to know trigger and SP relation and once again i paste my example here in my case Suppose one table AAA, on insert trigger fired trg_AAA_i and from that it is calling one SP_AAA and from that SP it updated another table BBB and on update trigger trg_BBB_u and from that another SP_BBB . so i want to prepare tree.
which sp_depends will not provide.
Thanks & Regards
Neel
"God does not work for you, He works with you."
]]>