How Refresh SQL Server Table with Oracle Tables | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

How Refresh SQL Server Table with Oracle Tables

Hi, How to Refresh SQL Server Table with Oracle Tables every DAY Regards
Srini
What do you mean by refresh? Does it relate to data updation, if so you can use DTS and schedule as a job to refresh the data.
If this is not the solution come up with clear query. _________
Satya SKJ

I am not very sure if this works but How about replication? Gaurav
Yes it works, use OLE DB Provider for Oracle version 2.0010.3401.000 under DTS and You must have the Oracle client software installed. _________
Satya SKJ

Sorry, refresh means replication (Insert ,update, delete on Oracle Tables i should get them on MSSQL Server Tables)
quote:Originally posted by satya What do you mean by refresh? Does it relate to data updation, if so you can use DTS and schedule as a job to refresh the data.
If this is not the solution come up with clear query. _________
Satya SKJ

Then its best to use replication as Gaurav specified. _________
Satya SKJ

Can u please tell me how the replication will setup with Oracle Database
Srini
Refer to SQL books online about setting up REPLICATION and this link http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid13_gci854771,00.html] for information. _________
Satya SKJ

Hi Satya SKJ, I want the REPLICATION one way only Oracle to MSSQL Server.
I tryed to setup with the Replication Wizard, I am not able to find where to set the Oracle Database as Publishing Database Sri

Do you have Oracle client installed?
To replicate to Oracle ODBC and OLE DB Subscribers, you must also obtain the appropriate Oracle SQL*Net driver from Oracle or from your software vendor. You must then install the driver on the Publisher and the Distributor. _________
Satya SKJ

How about to add a remote link server ? Jelly is here.
Yes i can Add my Oracle Database to MSSQL as remote link server. Sri
Thru remote linked server it works, i have scheduled to populate the data from oracle to mssql server, but it takes time to populate. one more problem i have faced while trasferring is for date. in oracle date field should be updated in dd/mm/RRRR format then it is not having any problem, if the date is not in RRRR format then the date conversion from oracle to mssql is having problem. ensure if you have any date field to be updated. Soma
Hi Soma, I did the remote link server for my Oracle Database to MSSQL Database But i dont how to populate the data from oracle to mssql. Can u please tell me how to do it . Thanks
Sri
]]>