How to check these settings of a DB | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

How to check these settings of a DB

Anyone have any idea how to check following settings are enabled for a Database 1)Checksums (Checksums belong to a class of hashing algorithms designed to detect errors or changes to data (e.g. Tripwire).)
2)Hash Totals (A hash total is a unique number generated by a one-way hash function that no two files share.)
3)Hashed Message Authentication
4)Record Counts
5)Data Edit Routines
6)Other
7)No data reconciliation routines are used to protect the integrity of e-PHI.
1) sp_table_validation 4) Select rows from sysindexes or select count(*) from tablename
5)…. SP_CONFIGURE is server wide and DATABASEPROPERTY are the named database property. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
Satya.
my client want to knwo these options are enabled in a DB or not.yes other than 1,4,5 all are network related configurations. 1) sp_table_validation – with this hw can i check if checksum is enabled or not.
4) Select rows from sysindexes or select count(*) from tablename
its givin a no of records with different rows value.
wht is this?
5)…. SP_CONFIGURE is server wide and DATABASEPROPERTY are the named database property.
withthis hw i check Data Edit Routines is enabled or not.
Can u please brief these little more? By default al these are enabled only no? then i can send mail sayin its al enabled. please advice and tel me whts it exacly
Please ignore my message. Client reported it was somthing to do from appli side.anyway i need to do some R&D in checksum and all. anwyay Sathya, thanks a lot. Rajiv
SQL-DBA
]]>