how to generate merge report from multiple databas | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

how to generate merge report from multiple databas

Suppose a main retailer shop has 3 branches each individually maintain their own database using sqlserver2000 and their database structure is identical. At the day end these 3 branch databe is imported to the main Retail shop’s databse. My problem is :
I want to generate merge report which contains the sale details of all branches from the main retail shop(branch wise sale report). Plz give me the solutions
Do you need something like this? Select T1.columns, T2.columns from DB1..Table1 T1 inner join DB2..Table2 T2 on T1.keycol=T2.keycol Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
hi,
if all your databases are in one SQL Server, you can call/query data from any database environment using database_name.database_ownername.table_name
or
database_name..table_name
with select statement. -Johnson
In select statement you should mention the databasename1.tablename1, databasename2.tablename2 then you can merge no of tables with different databases…
VSNREDDY Be pure to do good.[Vivekananda]
quote:Originally posted by vsnreddi In select statement you should mention the databasename1.tablename1, databasename2.tablename2 then you can merge no of tables with different databases…
VSNREDDY Be pure to do good.[Vivekananda]
No it should be databasename1..tablename1, databasename2..tablename2 or databasename1.dbo.tablename1, databasename2.dbo.tablename2 Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
]]>