how to restrict user session to only 1 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

how to restrict user session to only 1

Hello, Is there a way to restrict user session to only 1? So if the user tries to open a 2nd session, they will not be allowed to get in? In Oracle you can easily setup a profile to achieve this. Thanks.
sp_configure. (see Books on Line) User connections. Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
no, I mean only allow 1 concurrent connection for 1 single user. So if the same user wants to open another connection while the first one is still active, he will not be able to.
I can think of following ways to achieve this. correct me if I am wrong 1. If this is at the application level then it can be achieved by deploying terminal server and maintaining the connections from it.
2. At the SQL Server level we can write a job to kill any user who has two active sessions after which the job can be scheduled to maintain this.

What is the authentication mode used to connect to SQL Server?
I agree with Raj on the (1) option. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
so if the option (1) suggested by Raj is used then he has to applied logon scripts too !? right ? well as per my opinion both the option is good. hsGoswami
[email protected]
]]>