how to run a single user mode on sql7. | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

how to run a single user mode on sql7.

I’m in a process of move the SQL7 from the old server to the new server (replacement). Can I just copy DATA directory with all the data base over or I have to restore data base? If I need to restore the MASTER data base, how do I run single user mode to restore that? Can some body help me?? I’m moving from SQL7 to SQL7 and with the same SERVER name. The only difference is the new server have two logical drive one for exe file and one were the data go. On C: I have a directory call MSSQL7 and D: I have the same MSSQL7 for the data. Jimmy Vuong
The easy and fast way is to attach database into new server (sp_attach_db).
Don’t need to be single user mode to do this.
See BOL to how to use.
Don’t forget to Update Statistics after attach. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
And as a whole refer to this linkhttp://vyaskn.tripod.com/moving_sql_server.htm and corresponding links too. From a command prompt, enter:
sqlservr.exe -c -m Refer to the books online about restoring master database.
_________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

What is (sp_attach_db)? how do you do it? Can you show me the link for the instruction. Jimmy Vuong
Here is and example: This example attaches two files from pubs to the current server. EXEC sp_attach_db @dbname = N’pubs’,
@filename1 = N’c:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLDatapubs.mdf’,
@filename2 = N’c:program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLDatapubs_log.ldf’ extracted from BOL. Luis Martin …Thus mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell
And check above link also for details. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

]]>