ID no longer has the admin group | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

ID no longer has the admin group

I was not able to login to one of our test servers and our network admin says that the ID no longer has the admin group. She says "something you are running is stripping this group out of this ID." and suggests me to check this every time I run something on the sql server to identify what is doing this… How this is possible? Is she right? CanadaDBA
Sounds a bit unlikely to me. What does she mean by ID? Login? Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
That’s SQLAdmin ID which is a local server ID.
quote:Originally posted by thomas Sounds a bit unlikely to me. What does she mean by ID? Login? Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB

CanadaDBA
And it’s getting removed from the Local Administrators group? Try granting it direct access to SQL Server in the sysadmin role and see what happens. Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
Try granting it direct access to SQL Server in the sysadmin role and see what happens. I will try that but the problem is that I was not able to login the server (using Remote Desktop Connection) while I could do it two months ago. She says that something removes the ID from Admin group. We are talking about Windows environment. CanadaDBA
Yes, you need that for Terminal services (remote desktop). Why can’t you use a domain account? Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
For that server they didn’t provide a domain account. But I am curious about the net admin that says "something you are running is stripping this group out of this ID." Is she right?
quote:Originally posted by thomas Yes, you need that for Terminal services (remote desktop). Why can’t you use a domain account? Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB

CanadaDBA
As I said, it sounds unlikely, perhaps more like "I don’t know why it’s getting removed from the local admins group". It’s a frequent ploy, blame someone else when you don’t know what’s going on! Maybe I’m just jaded and cynical… Tom Pullen
DBA, Oxfam GB
]]>