Import Data "Cannot open user default database".! | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Import Data "Cannot open user default database".!

Hi, I have searched all the usual channels for this particular problem, but have failed to rectify it. I deleted an old database, which had been set to my current users default at the login. I thought nothing of it, until I wanted to merge two databases (separatley unique) into one. Whenever I try to Import or Export data, via the wizard (SQL2000), the DTS Import/Export Wizard produces a popup error of : Error Source: Microsoft OLE Provider for SQL Server
Error Description: Cannot open user default database. Login Failed.
Contecxt: Error during initialisation of the provider. right, I thought, lets simply use OSQL & set the default database for the user, which I did successfully in the command prompt. However, this has not done the trick.! Have rebooted, tried all kinds of things. Exactly where can I get to the file/registry entry to rid EM of the deleted default database, or I am missing someting. Thanks in advance.
David Pendry.

Using EM, security, logins, user, you can find default database for that user. But I don’t know if changing default will fix the problem. Kindly don’t duplicate post. I’ve delete the other.
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Grant the correct permissions on SQL Server so that the account has the appropriate access to the required resources. BTW, confirm the MDAC version and service pack level on SQL & MDAC. Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>