Importing active directory user contact info | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Importing active directory user contact info

Hi There I would like to know how to import the user contact info (such as tel no, name etc)from active directory into a sql database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Greg
if you know how to export the user contact list to text file, it will be easier. you can use DTS (Data Tranformation Service) to import the data from the text file to the database. The DTS can be found by right click on the desired database and choose Import Data…
I remember doing this quite a few years ago but I can’t find the script I was using. You need to add a linked server to the ADSI but it was too long ago for me to remember exactly what I did. sp_addlinkedserver ‘ADSI’, ‘Active Directory Service Interfaces’,
‘ADSDSOObject’, ‘adsdatasource’
Have a look in google for some of the above keywords together with "SQL Server". If I find that script I’ll let you know.
quote:Originally posted by gregalb Hi There I would like to know how to import the user contact info (such as tel no, name etc)from active directory into a sql database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Greg

Karl Grambow www.sqldbcontrol.com
http://www.nigelrivett.net/SQLTsql/ImportTextFiles.html Madhivanan Failing to plan is Planning to fail
]]>