indexing problem | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

indexing problem

I have transfered my 80% data of some table to another tables in same database.I have done this by deleting rows from table and inserting rows in target table.I have one query which now takes around 4 minutes to give result, which was giving result in 4 seconds earlier. When i saw the estimated query execution plan the cost for primary index(Clustered) is around 4000%. So i rebuild all indexes by dropping constraints on table ,after doing this i got the result in 4 secs.But after 3-4 days when i checked the same query problem occurs again.In this table i am inserting around 400 rows daily but not attime.Whenever i rebuild that primary index i am getting the result in 4 secs but problem comes after 3-4 days.I am not able to find out the solution for this.Can anybody will help me out ?
If the update/inserts are more for a table for the performance basis you must run UPDATE STATISTICS or schedule regular reindexing with DBCC DBREINDEX.
Satya SKJ
http://www.SQL-Server-Performance.Com/forum
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no rights for the sake of knowledge sharing.
]]>