Installation SQL2000 | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Installation SQL2000

I am probably way in the wrong place, however I am not sure where to start looking. I have always used SQL once it was set up, I have never actually installed it or designed it. I am now tasked with installation of SQL and I am not doing very well locating good//comprehensive information on this topic. We are trying to install the server copy and are being told we need to have visual studio 2003 installed prior to this installation so I am thinking that we are installing the wrong CDs from the packet. I am just not finding any references to this where or how I am looking. I am sure a big part of this is in the "How" Thank you Swoozie
To install SQL2000 is no neccesary to install vs 2003.
What do you mean with server copy?
Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
Okay, I really dont know other than what the sales people told me, so lets nix that. Our plan was to Install SQL on its’ own server then administer it from a client. We have 5 liscenses and one server liscense We were sent 4 cds SQL2000 Standard (Reporting Services)
SQL2000 Standard (Personal Edition)
SQL2000 Standard
Service Pack 4 When we install the SQL2000 Standard (Reporting Services) we are prompted to have Visual Studio 2003 installed. hence my confusion and questioning of what We should be installing.
Thank you, Swoozie
Check: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/technologies/reporting/system-requirements.mspx Luis Martin
SQL-Server-Performance.com One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important
Bertrand Russell
All postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties for accuracy.
]]>