Installing SQL 2008 R2 on Windows 2008 R2 standard 64bit | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

Installing SQL 2008 R2 on Windows 2008 R2 standard 64bit

I am installing SQL 2008 R2 on a new Windows 2008 R2 server for a client
The server has the OS installed on a Raid 1 (c Drive)
And it has 3 additional containers, 2 Raid 1’s and one Raid 10. I am assuming I shouold use one Raid 1 for the logs, One for the Temp DB, and the Rain 10 for the databases. I also assume the SQL install files will go on the Raid 1 (OS)
My question is do you have a document to follow for the best possible install of SQL based on the machine layout? What do you recommend.
Thanks

Welcome to the forums,.
Why to put SQL binaries on RAID, better keep them on C: drive along with operating system files. Rest all looks good, btw do you have what kind of application is using this SQL instance is it OLTP or OLAP based?

]]>

Software Reviews | Book Reviews | FAQs | Tips | Articles | Performance Tuning | Audit | BI | Clustering | Developer | Reporting | DBA | ASP.NET Ado | Views tips | | Developer FAQs | Replication Tips | OS Tips | Misc Tips | Index Tuning Tips | Hints Tips | High Availability Tips | Hardware Tips | ETL Tips | Components Tips | Configuration Tips | App Dev Tips | OLAP Tips | Admin Tips | Software Reviews | Error | Clustering FAQs | Performance Tuning FAQs | DBA FAQs |