integrity check include indexes | SQL Server Performance Forums

SQL Server Performance Forum – Threads Archive

integrity check include indexes

Would you recomend include indexes in integrity check?
If you mean in setting up DB maintenance plans, Yes I would definitely recommend it. Because I believe health of your database depends on indexes also. But, If you are re-organizing indexes prior to Integrity checks (like I do), you may not need to include indexes.
but exclude indexes still check clustered indexes.
That’s because the lowest level of the clustered indexes contains the data pages itself and the integrity check supposed to check all the data pages.
Refer to this DB maint.plans tips link http://www.sql-server-performance.com/sql_server_maintenance.asp. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

so If i am not checking nonclustered indexes but
scheduled optimisation job to run every day
My nonclustered indexes are fine?
How I suppoze to know if they are okey?
Run the REINDEXING job once in a week or depending upon the data updations, it should be fine.
Meanwhile if you’re experiencing slow performance then try reindexing on daily basis and see any difference. _________
Satya SKJ
SQL-Server-Performance.Com

quote:Originally posted by NewDBA so If i am not checking nonclustered indexes but
scheduled optimisation job to run every day
My nonclustered indexes are fine?
How I suppoze to know if they are okey?

If you are scheduling optimizations (Optimization tab under DB Main. Plans) you don’t have any option to exclude indexes alone. If you select ‘Reorganize data and index pages’ option, it will run DBCC REINDEX in the background. And you can check the status of the index by running DBCC SHOWCONTIG on the table.
]]>